Goals of the Student SocietyThe "Student Society Computer Science" is part of a network of student societies at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
Within the student society interested students shall be given the opportunity to develop their creativity and their individual skills. In doing so, computer science talents shall be encouraged - earlier and more professional than this is typically possible in school lessons.
the Student Society Computer Science will be conducted as project and will take place with alternating topics in Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter for approximately 10 weeks.
Brief Information: Student Society Computer Science in Winter 2017/2018
- Period of application: 11th Sep - 13th Oct 2017
- Period of project: 9th Nov 2017 - 25th Jan 2018
- Time: every Thursday, 4pm - 6pm
- Place: Rudower Chaussee 25, Room 3.408
- Topic: Digital circuits
Application Information Winter 2017/2018School students from grade 8 to 10 (in exceptional cases also from grade 7) can apply. Prior knowledge of computer science is not necessary - however you should be interested and talented in IT-related topics.
An application (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) should include the following:
- Completed application form (PDF or DOCX)
- Solution of the task "Backofentemperatur" (described on the application form) or a certificate on your succesful participation (at least 3rd rank) at Informatik-Biber 2015 or 2014
Prof. Dr. Niels Pinkwart, Dr. Nguyen-Thinh Le, Sandra Schulz, M.Ed.
Phone: +49 30 2093-3186
The student society also aspires to improve research. Hence with the participation in the student society the students accept the participation in possible studies as well.
Previous Topics in Student Society
Summer 2017: Robotics
- Period of application: 1st Mar - 30th Mar 2017
- Period of project: 4th May - 13th Jul 2017
Winter 2016/17: Drones
- Period of application: 5 Sep - 16 Oct 2016
- Period of project: 17 Nov - 2 Feb 2017
Summer 2016: App Development
- Period of application: 1 Feb - 15 Mar 2016
- Period of project: 12 May - 14 Jul 2016